Full Mouth Reconstruction: Understanding the Benefits, Candidacy, and Procedure
Full mouth reconstruction uses restorative dentistry to improve the appearance and function of the mouth. Patients who undergo this comprehensive procedure typically require extensive dental work that benefits from a strategic treatment plan and timeline. Our doctors offer full mouth reconstruction in Alamogordo, NM. Some of the more common dental procedures included in full mouth reconstruction include dental implants, dental crowns, orthodontics, and periodontal treatments. Once completed, patients can enjoy a healthier, more attractive smile.
Benefits of Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction can reverse the effects of years or even decades of poor oral hygiene. Patients who undergo this treatment at our practice can enjoy these benefits:
- Reduced surgery and recovery time: By combining multiple treatments into one plan, you can save time and money. Rather than having to recover from each procedure one at a time, full mouth reconstruction allows you to recover from multiple treatments at once, saving you from unnecessary discomfort.
- Improved bite alignment: Dental problems can make chewing uncomfortable or even painful. Many patients rely on the healthier side of their mouth when eating. This can cause premature wear. Following full mouth reconstruction, you may notice that your bite is more comfortable, even, and efficient.
- Preservation of natural teeth: Our office offers periodontal care and dental crowns, both of which help preserve your natural teeth. By following proper hygiene after your restorative treatment, you can add years to the life of your smile.
- Attractive smile: Unhealthy teeth are often discolored or show signs of decay. Dental bridges, dental crowns, and dental implants match your surrounding teeth and can help brighten your smile.
- Lower stress and anxiety: Many patients who delay important restorative treatments live with anxiety about their teeth. By treating these problems, you can gain peace of mind knowing you are in good oral health.
Are You a Candidate?
Since full mouth reconstruction involves various forms of oral surgery, patients must be in good oral and overall health before they can become candidates for treatment. The doctor may recommend periodontal care before restorative treatments can begin, for example.
Candidates interested in undergoing full mouth reconstruction often have:
- Advanced dental decay
- Multiple missing teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Badly worn teeth
- A desire for improved oral health and function
Smoking, the use of blood thinners, and certain medical conditions may postpone your candidacy for this treatment.
Procedures We Offer
At our practice, we offer dental crowns, dental bridges, dental implants, orthodontics, dental fillings, and periodontal care options for full mouth reconstruction plans. If you experience anxiety or worry about dental care, we offer oral conscious and nitrous oxide sedation options to help you relax during treatment. Your recovery timeline will vary depending on which treatments you are prescribed.
By treating serious dental problems, you can gain peace of mind knowing you are in good oral health.
While undergoing treatment at Mountain View Dental & Orthodontics, you will benefit from the most advanced imaging technology available. Our office uses 3D cone beam imaging, digital x-rays, CAD/CAM scanning/milling machine technology, intraoral cameras, and laser and ultrasonic technology.
Contact Our Office Today
The decision to undergo full mouth reconstruction should only be made once you understand the details surrounding the procedure. From your initial consultation through the last day of your recovery, our doctors and staff will guide you through the process while answering all of your questions. To make dental care affordable for everyone, we accept CareCredit® and LendingClub® financing options. We also offer affordable monthly payments. To schedule your first appointment with us, contact us online or call (575) 437-7900.
"Great customer service and care! For once in my life, I don't dread going to the dentist! All of the staff is very knowledgeable and thoughtful."Kristin L.